- Cloud computing is a set of system working together to act as a single system either within a single data center or across multiple data centers
- NIST has defined 5 characteristics the cloud should have and what models are available.
- Cloud has 3 services models (SAAS, PAAS & IAAS) and 3 deployment models (Private, Public & Hybrid)
- AWS was born out of the innovations done for improving Amazon.com back-end infrastructure. AWS was officially launched in 2006.
- AWS provides a complete end to end robust full stack technology platform.
- Core Network comprises of Regions, Availability Zones(AZ) and Edge Locations.
- AWS has their own physical fiber network connecting the regions, AZs and most edge locations
- Regions are geographically different locations.
- Each region has at least 2 Availability Zones.
- AZs can be used for setting up a high availability setup or be used as Disaster Recovery site(DR)
- Edge locations are part of a CDN network that is used for caching static objects for faster content delivery.
Overview of Amazon Web Services